The department of haematology has a wide range of services including diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant blood conditions, laboratory services, and transfusion services.
Treatment of anaemia with blood transfusions, nutritional supplementation, red cell stimulating hormones and other treatments as needed.
Treatment of autoimmune conditions causing low platelets or autoimmune haemolytic anaemia with steroids and other immunosuppression agents.
Diagnosis and treatment of bone marrow failure syndromes
1. Administration of red cells transfusion.
2. Administration of platelet transfusions.
3. Administration of other blood products.
4. Monitoring for complications.
5. Iron chelation in chronically transfused patients.
6. Plasmapheresis and Plasma exchange
7. Administration of intravenous immunoglobulin
1. Autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplantation.
2. Donor screening and selection.
3. Stem Cell harvesting from the peripheral blood and bone marrow.
1. Full blood count
2. Blood clotting screening test
3. Bone marrow aspirate interpretation
4. Flow cytometry
5. Molecular studies for blood disorders
6. Platelet function testing
7. Specialised coagulation test
8. Hemoglobin electrophoresis
9. Stem cell processing and storage
Far far away, behind the word mountains, far from the countries Vokalia and Consonantia, there live the blind texts.